By Teresa J. Bandosz
Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation provides a complete precis of the environmental functions of activated carbons. for you to comprehend the elimination of contaminants and pollution on activated carbons, the theoretical bases of adsorption phenomena are mentioned. the consequences of pore constitution and floor chemistry also are addressed from either technological know-how and engineering views. each one bankruptcy presents examples of actual purposes with an emphasis at the function of the carbon floor in adsorption or reactive adsorption. the sensible features addressed during this ebook disguise the large spectrum of functions from air and water cleansing and effort garage to struggle gasoline elimination and biomedical applications.
This publication can function a guide or reference e-book for graduate scholars, researchers and practitioners with an curiosity in filtration, water remedy, adsorbents and air cleansing, as well as environmental guidelines and regulations.
- Addresses primary carbon technological know-how and the way it pertains to functions of carbon surfaces
- Describes the vast spectrum of activated carbon functions in environmental remediation
- Serves as a instruction manual or reference publication for graduate scholars, researchers and practitioners within the field
Read or Download Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation (Interface Science and Technology) PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
This publication covers quite a lot of purposes and makes use of of simulation and modeling suggestions in polymer injection molding, filling a visible hole within the literature of layout, production, and using plastics injection molding. The authors support readers clear up difficulties within the complicated keep watch over, simulation, tracking, and optimization of injection molding techniques.
The hunt for substitute assets of strength to offset diminishing assets of straightforward and economical fossil fuels has turn into an international initiative, and gas generated from biomass is a number one competitor during this area. Large-scale creation of biofuels into the power combine may possibly give a contribution to environmentally and economicaly sustainable improvement on an international scale.
This identify contains a variety of Open entry chapters. Carbon trap and garage (CCS) refers to a suite of applied sciences and strategies for the mitigation, remediation, and garage of commercial CO2 emissions, the main impending and virile of the greenhouse gases (GHG). The ebook addresses the equipment and applied sciences at the moment being utilized, built, and so much short of additional examine.
Simulated relocating mattress expertise is one in all just a couple of books completely devoted to SMB. It goals to equip you with the instruments and talents wanted for SMB modelling, simulation, layout and operation. the idea offered is supported through real-world examples from the petrochemical, sugar and pharma industries.
- Physico-Chemical Properties of Selected Anionic, Cationic and Nonionic Surfactants
- Zeolites and Ordered Mesoporous Materials: Progress and Prospects: The 1st FEZA School on Zeolites, Prague, Czech Republic, August 20-21, 2005: 157 (Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis)
- Sensors for Everyday Life: Healthcare Settings (Smart Sensors, Measurement and Instrumentation)
- Engineering Tools for Environmental Risk Management: 1. Environmental Deterioration and Contamination - Problems and their Management
Additional info for Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation (Interface Science and Technology)