By Angelo Basile,Suzana Pereira Nunes
Part one introduces the subject of membrane technological know-how and engineering, from the basics of membrane procedures and separation to membrane characterization and financial research. half specializes in membrane utilisation for carbon dioxide (CO2) trap in coal and fuel energy crops, together with pre- and post-combustion and oxygen delivery applied sciences. half 3 reports membranes for the petrochemical undefined, with chapters overlaying hydrocarbon gas, traditional fuel and synthesis gasoline processing, in addition to complicated biofuels construction. half 4 covers membranes for replacement power functions and effort garage, similar to membrane know-how for redox and lithium batteries, gasoline cells and hydrogen construction. eventually, half 5 discusses membranes utilisation in commercial and environmental functions, together with microfiltration, ultrafiltration, and ahead osmosis, in addition to water, wastewater and nuclear strength applications.
With its unique editors and crew of specialist members, complicated membrane technology and expertise for sustainable power and environmental purposes is an important reference for membrane and fabrics engineers and brands, in addition to researchers and lecturers attracted to this field.
- Presents a complete evaluate of membrane technology and know-how, concentrating on advancements and purposes in sustainable power and clean-industry
- Discusses the basics of membrane techniques and separation and membrane characterization and financial analysis
- Addresses the main problems with membrane utilisation in coal and gasoline strength vegetation and the petrochemical undefined, using membranes for replacement strength functions and membrane utilisation in business and environmental applications
Read or Download Advanced Membrane Science and Technology for Sustainable Energy and Environmental Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy) PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
This publication covers a variety of purposes and makes use of of simulation and modeling strategies in polymer injection molding, filling a visible hole within the literature of layout, production, and using plastics injection molding. The authors aid readers remedy difficulties within the complex keep watch over, simulation, tracking, and optimization of injection molding strategies.
The quest for substitute assets of power to offset diminishing assets of simple and reasonably-priced fossil fuels has turn into a world initiative, and gasoline generated from biomass is a number one competitor during this enviornment. Large-scale advent of biofuels into the strength combine may give a contribution to environmentally and economicaly sustainable improvement on a world scale.
This identify encompasses a variety of Open entry chapters. Carbon seize and garage (CCS) refers to a suite of applied sciences and techniques for the mitigation, remediation, and garage of business CO2 emissions, the main impending and virile of the greenhouse gases (GHG). The booklet addresses the tools and applied sciences presently being utilized, constructed, and such a lot short of additional study.
Simulated relocating mattress know-how is certainly one of just a couple of books exclusively devoted to SMB. It goals to equip you with the instruments and abilities wanted for SMB modelling, simulation, layout and operation. the speculation provided is supported by way of real-world examples from the petrochemical, sugar and pharma industries.
- Biomedical Mass Transport and Chemical Reaction: Physicochemical Principles and Mathematical Modeling
- Calcium Chloride Recovery in Soda Ash Production by Solvay's Process
- Fundamentals of Salt Water Desalination
- Sustainable Water Technologies: Volume 2 (Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering)
Additional info for Advanced Membrane Science and Technology for Sustainable Energy and Environmental Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)