By Scott Meyers
Coming to grips with C++11 and C++14 is greater than a question of familiarizing your self with the good points they introduce (e.g., auto kind declarations, flow semantics, lambda expressions, and concurrency support). The problem is studying to exploit these beneficial properties effectively—so that your software program is right, effective, maintainable, and transportable. That’s the place this useful ebook is available in. It describes how one can write actually nice software program utilizing C++11 and C++14—i.e. utilizing modern C++.
- The execs and cons of braced initialization, noexcept requisites, excellent forwarding, and clever pointer make functions
- The relationships between std::move, std::forward, rvalue references, and common references
- Techniques for writing transparent, right, effective lambda expressions
- How std::atomic differs from volatile, how every one may be used, and the way they relate to C++'s concurrency API
- How top practices in "old" C++ programming (i.e., C++98) require revision for software program improvement in glossy C++
Effective smooth C++ follows the confirmed guideline-based, example-driven layout of Scott Meyers' prior books, yet covers solely new material.
"After I discovered the C++ fundamentals, I then discovered how you can use C++ in creation code from Meyer's sequence of powerful C++ books. Effective smooth C++ is an important how-to publication for recommendation on key guidance, types, and idioms to exploit smooth C++ successfully and good. do not personal it but? purchase this one. Now".
-- Herb Sutter, Chair of ISO C++ criteria Committee and C++ software program Architect at Microsoft