By Carine Fabius,Pascal Giacomini,Cristina Mittermeier
Written in a breezy, enticing kind, the booklet includes:
- forty pages of lovely colour pictures, together with contributions by means of famous documentary photographer and commute author Cristina Mittermeier
- Over 25 black & white photos and illustrations
- The author's own account of her and her artist/explorer husband's trip into the realm of transitority physique paintings, starting with henna and culminating with the invention of the jagua fruit's promise to carry a gorgeous tattoo that appears genuine — but fades after weeks
- Excerpts from her husband Pascal Giacomini's diary as he travels on a motorized dugout canoe into the private reaches of the jungle, the place he spends weeks with an indigenous staff referred to as the Matsés
- short histories of assorted indigenous teams linked to jagua
- own and insightful essays by means of veteran explorers and fanatics of the Amazon
- details at the medicinal and mystical homes of the jagua fruit
- Magical stories and ideology surrounding this awesome fruit
- a brief historical past of tattoos
- a brief heritage of ink
- commonly asked questions (and solutions, of course!) approximately jagua tattoos
- review of the Amazon, the Indians that populate the realm, and concerns that at the moment dominate through the region
- conventional stories from the Amazon
Read or Download Jagua, A Journey Into Body Art from the Amazon PDF
Similar pop culture books
Artist, educator, curator, and critic Luis Camnitzer has been writing approximately modern paintings ever due to the fact he left his local Uruguay in 1964 for a fellowship in long island urban. As a transplant from the "periphery" to the "center," Camnitzer has needed to confront primary questions about making paintings within the Americas, asking himself and others: what's "Latin American art"?
This paintings offers an account of tradition in an age of globalization. Ulf Hannerz argues that, in an ever-more interconnected international, nationwide understandings of tradition became inadequate. He explores the consequences of boundary-crossings and long-distance cultural flows for demonstrated notions of "the local", "community", "nation" and "modernity" Hannerz not just engages with theoretical debates approximately tradition and globalization yet increases problems with how we predict and dwell this day.
En_US=This New York Times bestselling evaluate of Wes Anderson's filmography positive aspects formerly unpublished behind-the-scenes photographs, art, and ephemera, with an creation by means of Michael Chabon. Writer/director Wes Anderson courses movie/television critic Matt Zoller Seitz via Anderson's existence and occupation in a hardcover book-length dialog, woven including unique illustrations and construction pictures from Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The lifestyles Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr.
Utilized perform: facts and influence in Theatre, track and paintings engages with a range of contexts, destinations and humanities varieties – together with theatre, song and effective paintings – and brings jointly theoretical, political and practice-based views at the query of 'evidence' with regards to participatory arts perform in social contexts.
- Children's Lifeworlds: Gender, Welfare and Labour in the Developing World
- Beholding the Glory: Incarnation through the Arts
- Andy Warhols roadtrip (Dutch Edition)
- Top Hats and Flappers: The Art of Russell Patterson
Extra info for Jagua, A Journey Into Body Art from the Amazon